Georgia Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
Georgia Vehicle bill of sale form is used for the purchase or sale of vehicle within the state itself and does not hold any importance elsewhere. The form needs to be duly filled, signed and submitted to the Department of Vehicles. This form is considered equally legal as any other, as stated by the law and needs to be aided.
To fill the form as per the standard procedure, follow the steps mentioned below.
- The opening statement explains that this form acts as an evidence proving that a transaction between two parties has taken place. After that the date followed by the seller’s full legal name and complete address along with the zip code needs to be stated. The Court Order Case Number along with the Georgia Tax ID Number also needs to be added, if any.
- In the second section, the following details are required; the vehicle year, make, vehicle identification number followed by the purchaser’s full legal name and the complete address.
- The next undertaking confirms that the vehicle is free from all mortgages, loans, tax burdens, securities or interests and if any are pending, they need to be mentioned. The next statement requires the odometer reading, certifying it to be true to the best of their knowledge and either of the boxes “the odometer reading reflects that amount of mileage in excess of its mechanical limits. OR the odometer reading is not the actual mileage” need to be checked.
- The following column is only for the vehicles which have been purchased from outside Georgia or pursuant to a court order. If such is the case, then make sure all the details are entered correctly.
- Lastly, a signature along with the full legal name of the buyer needs to be mentioned following it with the sales tax number of the seller (if applicable).